a world heritage site, in Southern India will travel through timeless Historical Heritage Sites, Resplendent Palaces, Wildlife and Golden Beaches. It’s 7 Nights / 8 Days colorful journey begins every Monday from Bangalore and traverses through Mysore, visiting Srirangapatna, Mysore Palace; the Nagarhole National Park (Kabini) and continuing to the historical sites of Shravanabelagola, Belur-the 11th century cradle of Hoysala architecture and a world heritage site, Halebidu, Hampi and thereafter entering into the triangular heritage site of Badami, Pattadakal, Aihole, and finally the Golden Beaches of Goa before ending in Bangalore.
The Royal Palace on Wheels is an upgraded version of world famous Palace on Wheels. After the grand success of Palace on Wheels that is operational from last 25 years, this new train was launched in January 2009. The train as compared to Palace on Wheels is much luxurious and the cabins are more spacious.
From The Palace to your Chamber
Your chambers are steeped in history. Chambers in which, you will retire under a sky of craftsmanship that narrate timeless tales. Sink into a bed of royalty, reminiscent of the Mysore Maharajas, admire the intricate carvings on the ceiling, the wall panels and furniture inspired by Mysore and Hoysala architecture.
Each Coach of the “The Golden Chariot” has been named after the dynasties that ruled Karnataka - Kadamba, Hoysala, Rastrakota, Ganga, Chalukya, Bhahamani, Adhilshahi, Sangama, Shathavashna, Yudukula and Vijayanagar.
• Fully air-conditioned cabins.
• 26 twin beds, 17 double bed cabins and 1 cabin for the physically challenged.
• Every cabin is equipped with Wi-Fi, LCD television, DVD with 6 satellite channels, wardrobe, vanity/writing desk and private bathroom with luxurious amenities and accessories.
A Culinary tour of fine taste.
Nala named after a king and legendary chef from the times of the Mahabharata. Ruchi, a name that means fine taste in Sanskrit. The two restaurants serve a spread of vegetarian and non-vegetarian culinary delights.
• Interiors inspired by the timeless aesthetics of Hampi and Halebid.
• 4-seater and 2-seater dining cabins with comfortable sofas and chairs.
Spirit for your soul.
Timeless like the spirits we serve, Madira, the mythical drink of the gods in the lounge bar aboard The Golden Chariot. Pour yourself fine spirits as you unravel your soul, as you watch performances of local artisans. Celebrate the journey into timelessness as tilting music uplifts you.
• Relaxing and elegant seating at bar.
• Plush and royal interiors modeled after the Mysore Palace.
Where modern day royalty does business.
The Golden Chariot Conference Coach can seat up to 30 business leaders and gives you lessons in history and leaves with a vision for the future.
• Seating capacity of 25-30 guests.
• 42 inch LCD television.
• High-speed internet surfing area.
At the Ayurveda centre, Spa and gym on The Golden Chariot, discover age old traditions and cures to modern day stress.
• Two massage rooms for an out of this world rejuvenation experience.
• For those who prefer a local flavour - Ayurveda massages are provided.
• Fully equipped gymnasium.